The Coronavirus Pandemic is still not over, it will face us with greater challenges for some time to come. Thanks to the restrictions on contact and existing hygiene measures, the spread of the new type of coronavirus has been contained. It is important to continue to follow the rules in order to avoid new infections and sources of spread. We are all called upon to be careful and calm in order to jointly minimise infection rates.
Since 16 March 2020, OFFIS has ordered home work for all employees, this regulation is still valid. It is especially intended to protect those who have to come to OFFIS facilities due to operational necessity. However, this does not mean a change for our research and project work. All work will continue as planned, all scientists can be reached as usual by e-mail or telephone. Our reception in the main building, Escherweg 2, is manned from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to accept mail and parcels and to maintain the telephone service.
Your safety and that of our employees is our highest priority. We would therefore like to give you an overview of our protective measures and the applicable rules of conduct. Please do not visit us if you feel ill.
The visit of OFFIS is only possible for external visitors by prior appointment. Every visitor* has to fill in a self-declaration in order to fulfill the requirement to document the presence at OFFIS. During their visit at OFFIS all known hygiene measures, such as wearing a mouth and nose protection (MNS mask), have to be observed.
You can download the self-declaration as a PDF file to fill in and bring it to your appointment at OFFIS.
We regret the current situation. The responsibility towards our colleagues, partners and other people leaves us no other option. We say to all who, like us, are going through these unusual times: Many thanks for the sympathetic cooperation - and stay healthy!
Current case numbers:
An overview of the regions in Germany with their current case numbers (corona infections) and classification as a risk area is provided by the RKI via a dashboard: experience.arcgis.com/experience/478220a4c454480e823b17327b2bf1d4
Information for colleagues of the University of Oldenburg
- Visitors are all persons, who do not have their workplace in an OFFIS building (Escherweg 2, Industriestraße 6, Fritz-Bock-Straße 5).
- Visitors have to fill in a "self-declaration". Currently, access is not possible without the submission of this self-declaration.
- The self-declaration has to be handed in centrally at the OFFIS reception on the day of admission and will be necessary to renew again in case of another visit on any following day.
- Visitors have to be collected by the responsible employee in the foyer (reception area) and have to be led directly to the event room. At the end of the event, visitors must be accompanied by a responsible employee from the OFFIS building and the end time must be noted in the self-declaration.
- Contact to other employees should be avoided if possible, e.g. on the staircase or in corridor.
Working in OFFIS: Buildings/Workplace/Work Areas/Traffic Routes
- Offices may only be used by one person at a time. Multiple occupancy of rooms is to be avoided by using free room capacities, shift work hours or by working in home office.
- Special arrangements can be made for employees with system-relevant tasks/functions or project critical tasks.
- The use of a work area in OFFIS must be agreed upon in time with the group manager or division manager.
- If necessary, small, permanent teams should be formed in order to avoid changing contacts amongst the colleagues.
- If possible, employees should only stay in their own working areas.
- Regular ventilation is required (open windows fully for at least five minutes at least every 30 minutes). Alternatively, the windows can be opened permanently in the "tilt position" and the office door must remain open.
- Objects, such as tools and work equipment (including computer mouses and keyboards), should not be shared with other people. If this is not possible, the contact surfaces should be cleaned with the cleaning agents provided (see point 11) by the employees before handing them over and after use.
- Contact surfaces (e.g. table, armrests, handles, light switches, etc.) can be cleaned by the employees if necessary.
- Breaks should be spent at the employee's work area or in the outside area.
- Staggered times of use (e.g. tables in the combi-zones, tea kitchens, lounge) must be observed with sufficient safety distance (at least 1.5 meters) and compliant to hygiene regulations.
- The use of elevators should be avoided whenever possible. Otherwise, a lift should only be used individually, or in urgent cases, with one accompanying person.
- Marked necessary safety distances (e.g. reception in the foyer, coffee bar in the lounge) must be observed.
- Face-to-face events (e.g. meetings) should be kept to an absolute minimum and, if possible, should only be conducted via telephone/video conferences.
- If a face-to-face event appears unavoidable, this must be reported in advance via e-mail to corona(at)offis.de for clarification and approval. Please give the date, desired location, time-frame and the number of persons attending, as well as, the reason for the necessity. A check will be made and, if possible, the approval will be given. Special measures must be followed when conducting face-to-face events (see point 8).
- If utilization is required, the number of persons must be kept as low as possible, and may not exceed the maximum number of persons specified for the room (see separate list of functional rooms with their occupancy capacity).
- The staff must enter their presence in the list provided.
- Regular ventilation is required (open windows fully for at least five minutes at least every 30 minutes). Alternatively, the opposite windows can be opened permanently in the "tilt position".
- If at all possible, do not share objects, such as tools and work equipment (including computer mouses and keyboards) with other people. If this is not possible, the contact surfaces must be cleaned with the cleaning agents provided (see item 11) by the employees before handover and after use.
- Strict adherence to exclusive use of all personal protective equipment (PPE) and work clothing.
- Workwear/PSA and everyday clothing must be stored separately.
- Frequent cleaning of work clothes.
- The general occupational safety standards (see laboratory regulations) continue to apply and must be followed.