Software Engineer (f/m/d) Cancer Data Science
The Data Management and Analysis for Healthcare Research (DMA) group researches and develops methodological, conceptual, technical and organizational solutions for handling, evaluating and visualizing healthcare data sets. The focus is on the setup and operation of information logistics, as well as the development of analytical applications, taking into account data protection and data security for sensitive data.
What you enable:
As part of a team, you will develop new software components and data analysis tools and maintain data warehouse systems for our partners and customers from science and industry. The focus will be on new analysis methods and tools for the evaluation of clinical epidemiological cancer data. You will define, align, document, publish and present results in close collaboration with our partners and customers. You do not need to be proficient in all technologies or knowledgeable in health reporting standards. However, you will be expected to be committed to learning new topics, and we will of course support you in this.
What you bring to the table:
- Master's degree with above-average grades (FH or Uni: computer science, computer science-related engineering degree or a related degree).
- Sound knowledge in software development and with database systems.
- Very good written and spoken German for direct coordination with external partners as well as good English skills.
- Interest and willingness to work scientifically and independently.
- Experience with C#/.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, web technologies, the R statistical environment, and healthcare systems is appreciated.
What we offer you:
- You can look forward to a working environment that is very pleasant in human terms and extremely interesting in technical terms.
- We actively support you in your further professional and scientific qualification through close cooperation with the Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg. The project offers the opportunity to work on a doctoral thesis when meeting the necessary requirements.
- Work-life balance is important to us - we support this with flexible working hours, consideration of part-time options and home office, among other things.
- Tolerance, openness and equal opportunities towards people of all genders (m/f/d) are important to us.
- We would like to continue to increase the proportion of women in our workforce, which has been rising for years.
- We give preference to applications from severely disabled persons who are professionally suitable.
- Your position is limited to 24 months with the option of extension and is paid according to TV-L 13.
Dr.-Ing. Christian Lüpkes
If you agree to our considering your application for other vacancies, then please inform us accordingly by including an informal consent in your covering email or attaching our consent form (PDF-Download) to your application.
Further information on the application process and data protection can be found at https://t1p.de/OFFIS-Application-Data-Protection.