Software and System Architect (f/m/d) Digital twins for hydrogen electrolysers
The COM group specializes in simulation-based system analysis for the development and validation of new components and architectures of the distribution grid. A modular co-simulation approach is used, which allows different aspects of the energy system to be combined via partial models in the simulation framework "mosaik". Mosaik enables the integration of independently developed simulation models, regardless of their domain or formal description. One of the main tasks of the group is to maintain and to improve its co-simulation framework mosaik and to integrate it with frameworks for multi-agent systems, in order to provide an industry-relevant test-environment for distributed control strategies in joint research projects. In this project, a digital twin for hydrogen electrolyzers is developed, in which simulations are also applied.
What you enable::
- Research and development in the field of novel Co-Simulation concepts as well as in the field of digital twins
- Development of simulation solutions for electrolysers for hydrogen production and their impact on the power grid together with the internal and external project partners
- Development of the open-source co-simulation framework “mosaik”, mainly in Python, together with the development team at OFFIS (https://gitlab.com/mosaik)
- Automation and general improvement of our development process (CI/CD, DevOps, Test automation, etc.)
- Contact and coordination of the development issues with our project partners
- Development, writing and publication of scientific papers together with the colleagues and project partners
What you bring to the table:
- Master‘s degree in computer science or a comparable computer science-related field
- Interest in pursuing a PhD, in scientific work, the publication and presentation of scientific papers
- Profound knowledge of software and system architectures, programming, and open-source software
- You can develop in object-oriented high-level programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C#, ...).
- In best case, Git, REST, and Docker are already familiar to you.
- You have a keen interest in learning new topics in computer science.
- Good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
What we offer you:
- You can look forward to a working environment that is very pleasant in human terms and extremely interesting in technical terms.
- We actively support you in your professional and scientific further qualification.
- Work-life balance is important to us - we support this with flexible working hours, consideration of part-time options and home office, among other things.
- Tolerance, openness and equal opportunities towards people of all genders (m/f/d) are important to us.
- We would like to continue to increase the proportion of women in our workforce, which has been rising for years.
- We give preference to applications from severely disabled persons who are professionally suitable.
- Your position is limited to 24 months with the option of extension and is paid according to TV-L 13.
Dr. Jürgen Meister
If you agree to our considering your application for other vacancies, then please inform us accordingly by including an informal consent in your covering email or attaching our consent form (PDF-Download) to your application.
^Further information on the application process and data protection can be found at https://t1p.de/OFFIS-Application-Data-Protection.