Scientific Advisory Council
The Scientific Advisory Council is in its function as consultant very important for OFFIS. Its members are appointed by the Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Culture in consultation with the expanded OFFIS board.
The task of the Scientific Advisory Council is to advise OFFIS in scientific and economic questions, give suggestions for priorities and specific objectives, to forge close links with other institutions in the field of ICT and to give their opinion to planned, ongoing and completed projects of the institute. The Scientific Advisory Council consists of individuals with excellent professional reputation who are not members of the association at the same time. At least three members should come from science and at least one member from economy.
Members of the Scientific Advisory Council
Below the members of the Scientific Avisory Council are listed.
- Prof. Dr. Claudia Eckert (Fraunhofer AISEC)
- Prof. Dr. Klaus A. Kuhn (Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität München)
- Dipl.-Phys. Ralf Pferdmenges (Infineon Technologies AG)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christian Rehtanz ( Technische Universität Dortmund)
- Prof. Dr. Albrecht Schmidt (Universität Stuttgart)
- Dr. Alexander Tettenborn (Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Technologie)
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Sprecher des Wissenschaftlichen Beirates, Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH)